Monday 2 October 2017

MY ADAPTATION OF GHANAIAN TOMATO PEPPER SOUP

When I was very young I could remember eating this soup all the time,it was my favourite then,expecially with chicken😆my mum made us love it,always taste amazing😋it's the first soup i learnt how to prepare,i learnt it from my mum who also learnt from an uncle whose mum is a ghanian and father Nigerian,i made a little twist in my preparation.it's more like egusi(melon)pepper soup,the only difference is the addition of tomatoes.





INGREDIENTS 
-Chicken,beef or fish
-3 Tomatoes
-5 or more Stoch bonnet(fresh pepper)
2 onion(one for the chicken the other for the soup)
-1 cooking spoon of melon(egusi)
-1 tbsp pepper soup spice
-Seasoning cubes
-Salt to taste.

PREPARATION 
-Start by cooking the chicken or beef with onion,seasoning cubes and salt till it's tender.
-In a blender add the tomatoes,fresh pepper,onion,melon and water,blend till it's very smooth.
-Add the blended paste to the pot of chicken or beef,cover and leave to cook very well,if it's not well cooked the melon will taste raw.
-when it's well cooked add the fish if you are using.
-Add pepper soup spice.
-Add seasoning cubes
-Add salt to eat.

Your soup is ready,eat with eba or pounded yam.Trust me you will love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment