Saturday 23 September 2017

FRIED BEANS WITH DODO(PLANTAIN)


Beans is one of my favourite meal,I always cook mine differently tho.I started making this meal when i was in primary school,i can remember the first time i ever made beans😩it was terrible,half cooked😂😂😂and I was feeling so fly😆my mum was just laughing,in her mind this one is feeling like a super star😅😅

With time I became a pro,and i have made different twist to it and it always comes out great😆till date my mum prefers my beans to hers,according to her mine taste better even my friends can testify to that😉my head is swelling oh lol.If you don't like beans try mine and you will have a rethink.



I love the fry method,this is the only type I eat,some people prefer the other method you cook the beans add oil and every other ingredients😭please how do you eat that?I rather drink water if that's the only option I have.

I have tried different types of beans
-Black eye bean
-Butter bean(lima bean)
-Brown bean
-Honey bean

Honey bean is my favourite right now,till i discover a better one,it has this sweet taste even without adding any ingredients to it.if you are yet to try this out then you should and you will never eat any type again.

Enough of my story let get down to business,if you follow these steps,you will get it right.

INGREDIENTS 
-2 or more cups of honey or any other beans

-5 or more tomatoes

-5 or more scotch bonnet(red pepper)

-2 onions

-1 cooking spoon of crayfish(grounded and whole)

-1 smoked fish(debone)(optional)

-2 cup red oil

-pumpkin leaves(ugu)washed and chopped

-seasoning cubes

-salt

PREPARATION 
-pick and wash beans very well

- boil the beans with enough water and chopped onions,leave some of the chopped onions for frying.

-blend the tomatoes,pepper and onion to a paste.

-When the beans is soft and almost ready add salt,the crayfish,it can be blended or whole,at this stage you can add fish if you are using,add the pumpkin leaves,cover till the water dries off,set aside.

Heat up a clean dry pan,add the Palm oil,allow it to heat a little.

-Add the remaining chopped onions,fry till tender.

-Add the tomatoes paste,fry till its well cooked and the oil comes ontop,just like you fry stew.

-Add some seasoning cubes,add little salt to it if it's not enough,

-cook for 2 minute,when it's ready pour it into the pot of beans or vise versa and stir making sure it covers completely,cover and cook for another 2 minute.
Your fried beans is ready😋



Fry the plantain and enjoy
You can also enjoy it with pap,oat,garri,or bread.
Will be waiting for feedback,have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment