Monday 28 August 2017

ASUN(SPICY SMOKED GOAT MEAT)WITH DODO(PLANTAIN)

Happy new week foodies

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend?
Today I will be sharing a delicious,mouth watering and easy recipe.A Yoruba delicacy called asun(spicy smoked goat meat).

The first time I ate it was during my visit to Lagos,a friend took me to "The place restaurant Lagos"i ordered yam,eggs and asun,I didn't even know what it was but wanted a taste of it.I tried it and fell in love with it.

After that day,whenever I go out to eat,I always ordered  asun till I left lagos.Back home I couldn't get it and i have been craving for it,so I decided to make it myself for the family last weekend and they loved it.my mum have been disturbing me since to make it again lol

INGREDIENTS 
-Goat meat
-scotch bonnet(red pepper)
-Onion
-Green pepper(optional)
-vegetable oil
-Seasoning cubes
-Salt

PREPARATION 
-wash the goat meat and cut into small pieces
-marinate goat meat for about an hour or over night,I did mine over night.
To marinate is by adding seasoning cubes,salt and onion to the goat meat in a bowl,cover and place in the fridge.This will add flavour to the goat meat and also make it tender.
-After that boil the goat meat for 20 minute or more till it is half cooked then transfer into the oven,grill till it is ready.Traditional asun is made outside in an open grill like the type those selling suya use.what is important is the Smokey taste and oven can achieve that.
-chop or roughly blend the pepper and onion.
-Get a pan,add little vegetable oil and heat a bit,add the onion,pepper,green pepper and stir fry for two minute then add the smoked goat meat stir all together and fry for another 2 minute.

Your delicious asun is ready
Eat and be merry.


Do give it a try and send feedback,thank you for checking the blog today and do have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment