Thursday 10 August 2017

CORN STIR FRIED IN BEEF VEGGIE SAUCE



May your week be as colourful as this dish😆



it's corn season and everywhere you turn you will see corn😕I am really not freaked about it,to me it's boring when eating,so I just look and pass😒

Last week mum sent the driver to get alot of corn from Mbiri when bringing my brother from school cause one can get fresh and good corn there.
They came back with a bag full of corn😮mum is obsessed with corn,she even claim it's her best food😒the corns where just staring at me,well I had no choice but to answer but how am  I going to eat it now😞just chewing it like that or with groundnut or coconut?

I started thinking and this idea clicked,i could make it with veggies 😆I love vegetables alot and i try to incorporate them in almost all my meals😊I got available veggies at home and made this healthy and delicious meal😋as usual I will drop the receipe,so here we go

Ingredients
-2 or more corns
-fresh tomatoes(chopped)
-fresh pepper(chopped)
-onion(chopped)
-Cabbage(chopped)
-carrot(chopped)
-Green pepper(chopped)
-Green beans(chopped)
-parboiled beef(optional)
-tumeric powder(optional)
-curry powder -seasoning cubes -salt

Preparation -Remove the corn husk and boil,when it's almost ready add  salt(mum's method,according to her if salt is added immediately when boiling it wouldn't get soft😕please don't ask me why cause i don't know) -when its ready use a knife to remove the corn from the stem and set aside.
-add little vegetable oil to an already heated pan,allow to cook a bit,add all the vegetables starting with the onion,stir and leave for 2 minute.
-add salt,seasoning cubes,curry/tumeric powder stir all together.
-add the cooked beef cut in small pieces and the corn  to the vegetables,mix all together and leave for another 2 minute.

That's it guys delicioussss😋give it a try,eating corn will never be boring again😉

No comments:

Post a Comment