Thursday 31 August 2017

CINNAMON STIR FRY RICE

Hi foodies

I will be sharing a quick and easy rice recipe I tried out yesturday,I 'm really not a rice person and it gets tiring eating one particular rice all the time.Rice and stew is an everyday meal in my house,jollof and fried rice we eat once in a while,which has been our routine for years now.At a point I stopped eating rice for a long time.

I love trying out new recipes,so i decided to make rice with one of my favourite spice "CINNAMON"which i use for must of my meals.it adds savory to a dish and has alot of health benefits,I even add it to tea and coffee and it taste amazing.There is a thousand rice recipe we could try out but we in Africa,especially Nigerians like sticking to the regular we've known for years now.

We don't have to choke ourselves with what we grew up with,this dish is tasty and easy to prepare in minutes.I present to you my CINNAMON STIR FRIED RICE let get cooking. ...........







INGREDIENTS 
-Rice
-Cabbage(chopped)
-Green pepper(chopped)
-Scotch bonnet(red pepper)
-Onion(chopped)
-chicken,meat or fish stock if you are using any.
-vegetable oil
-2 tsp cinnamon
-seasoning cubes
-salt

PREPARATION 
-wash the rice,pour in a pot,add water then parboil for 10 minute.
-wash again,add the stock if you are using any,add little water and a tsp of cinnamon or just add water,salt and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
-leave it to cook till it is ready.
-Get a pan,add little vegetable oil,add the veggies starting with the onion,green pepper,red pepper and cabbage.
-stir and leave for 2 minute,add another tsp of cinnamon,seasoning cubes and salt,stir and leave for a minute.
-Then add the rice to the veggies,mix together and leave for another 2 minute.
Your cinnamon stir fried rice is ready serve with any protein of your choice.(chicken,meat,fish or egg)



Thanks for checking the blog today,if you have a question leave a comment or send a message to my email udogriewoma@gmail.com,have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment